My research interests include Information Retrieval, Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Data Mining and Bioinformatics.
- Yue Lu, Hongning Wang, ChengXiang Zhai, and Dan Roth. "Unsupervised Discovery of Opposing Opinion Networks From Forum Discussions" (CIKM'2012) To Appear. [dataset]
- Hongning Wang, Yue Lu, and ChengXiang Zhai. "Latent Aspect Rating Analysis without Aspect Keyword Supervision" In Proceedings of the 17th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining (KDD'2011 Pages: 618-626.
- Yue Lu, Malu Castellanos, Umeshwar Dayal, ChengXiang Zhai. "Automatic Construction of a Context-Aware Sentiment Lexicon: An Optimization Approach", In Proceedings of the 20th international conference on World wide web(WWW'2011) Pages: 347--356 [pdf](acceptance ratio about 12%)
- Malu Castellanos, Riddhiman Ghosh, Yue Lu, Lei Zhang, Perla Ruiz, Mohamed Dekhil, Umeshwar Dayal, Meichun Hsu. "LivePulse: Tapping Social Media for Sentiments in Real-Time", In Proceedings of the 20th international conference on World wide web (WWW'2011) Pages: 193--196 (system demo)
- Yue Lu, Qiaozhu Mei, ChengXiang Zhai. "Investigating Task
Performance of Probabilistic Topic Models - An Empirical Study of PLSA
and LDA", Information Retrieval. [link]
- Yue Lu, Huizhong Duan, Hongning Wang and ChengXiang Zhai. "Exploiting Structured Ontology to Organize Scattered Online Opinions", In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING'2010) Pages: 734--742. [pdf] [slides]
- Hongning Wang, Yue Lu, and ChengXiang Zhai. "Latent Aspect Rating Analysis on Review Text Data: A Rating Regression Approach", In Proceedings of the 16th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD'2010) Pages: 783-792. [pdf]
- Yue Lu, Panayiotis Tsaparas, Alexandros Ntoulas, and Livia Polanyi. "Exploiting Social Context for Review Quality Prediction", In Proceedings of the 19th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW'2010) Pages: 691-700. (acceptance ratio about 14%) [pdf] [slides]
- Yue Lu, ChengXiang Zhai and Neel Sundaresan. "Rated Aspect Summarization of Short Comments", In Proceedings of the 18th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW'09) Pages: 131-140. (acceptance ratio about 12%) [pdf] [slides]
- Yue Lu, Hui Fang and ChengXiang Zhai. "An Empirical Study of Gene Synonym Query Expansion in Biomedical Information Retrieval", Information Retrieval Volume 12, Issue1 (2009), Pages: 51-68. [link]
- Yue Lu and ChengXiang Zhai. "Opinion Integration Through Semisupervised Topic Modeling", In Proceedings of the 17th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW'08) Pages: 121-130. (acceptance ratio about 11%) [pdf] [slides] [demo]
- Yue Lu, Jing Jiang, Xu Ling, Xin He, ChengXiang Zhai.
"Language Models for Genomics Information Retrieval: UIUC at TREC 2007
Genomics Track", In Proceedings of the 16th Text REtrieval Conference (TREC'07). (selected for oral presentation) [pdf] [slides]
- Yue Lu, M. Castellanos, U. Dayal. "Method to Learn Context-Dependent Sentiment Polarities", US Patent pending by HP.
- P. Tsaparas, Yue Lu, A. Ntoulas, and L. Polanyi. "Assessing Quality of User Reviews", US Patent pending by Microsoft.
- Yue Lu, Neel Sundaresan. "Summarization of Short Comments", US Patent pending by eBay.
- WSDM 2011 Google's Travel Award for Women
- Nominated into 1st CS Grad Academic Council Committee, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2009)
- C. L. and Jane W-S Liu Award (1 from CS department each year), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2008-2009)
- WWW Google Travel Scholarship for Female Students, 2008, 2009
- Google Workshop for Women Engineers (150 invited participants selected nationally), 2008
- NSF Scholarship Award, The Grace Hopper Celebration, 2007
- Andrew and Shana Laursen Fellowship (2 from CS department each year), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2006-2007)
- Program Commitee: ACL-HLT'11, WWW'11, COLING'10, EMNLP'10, The First International Workshop on Opinion Mining for Business Intelligence (OMBI'10), International Workshop on Topic Feature Discovery and Opinion Mining (TFDOM'10)
- Invited Reviewer: ACM Transaction on Information Systems (TOIS), Information Processing & Management (IPM), ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD)
- Seminar Organizer: Coordinator for the Yahoo!-DAIS seminar at the Computer Science department of UIUC, 2010-2011
TIMan Group Reference Book Collection
Last Updated: Jan, 2011